Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Santa Barbara Aquarium

Yesterday the kids and I headed down to Santa Barbara and went to a little discovery aquarium they have on the end of the pier. It is really beautiful down there and we can't seem to get used to how amazing the ocean is.

There was a huge wall of windows that looked out to the ocean. The kids just stood there looking out. I wonder what goes through there minds as that look at something so huge and amazing. I remember how magical the ocean was when I was a child.

They put on a great puppet show for me. Here the octopus and crab are attacking the poor crab that had already jumped ship. It was a very exciting show that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

They had a lot of local sea animals that the kids were able to touch. Here they are touching a pink starfish which made Grace especially happy. She loves anything that is pink. We also got to see and touch a sea cucumber in this exhibit. I don't remember ever seeing one before except maybe in Finding Nemo.


This is a bubble shark. Look at that brave kid even willing to touch a mean ferocious shark. Grace touched it as well but was too quick for me to get a picture.

Overall it was a fabulous day!!! This is a picture looking back toward the mountains from out on the pier. We definitely aren't in Wyoming anymore.



1 comment:

  1. very nice - I really like that picture of the kids! The ocean is amazing - a miracle in itself! So glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete