Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hotel Cooking with Amanda

I have decided that I should start my own cooking show. I am not sure how big of an audience I would have since most people do not spend 7 weeks in a hotel, but then again most military families spend some extended amount of time in less than optimal living situations.

Behold the rotisserie!! (Thanks Niki for this pointer) We have decided that rotisserie chicken is a real life-saver. Both healthy and delicious. Also if you are dealing with food allergies both milk and egg free.

Then all you need to do is find some microwave rice which comes in many different varieties, a bag salad and steam fresh vegetables. My kids like broccoli the best and you also must get some ketchup to dip your broccoli in. I think that sounds disgusting, but Will and Grace disagree.

We then use the desk chair and the bed to make four seats. If we had to do it over we would not recommend putting the two year old on the bed, but hey you live and learn.

Then for the next night if you have an electric skillet you use the left over chicken to make one of our favorite soups. It was delicious!!!!


Bon Appetite!!!!! Food network here I come.


3 comments:

  1. you are AWESOME. the soup!? seriously genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! The soup is a great idea! You will certainly look back on these days and smile! And I am looking forward to the future installments of "Hotel cooking"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job mom! I need to still get the soup recipe!!

    ReplyDelete