Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

We spent Valentine's day in Solvang. It is a super cute little Danish town with lots of cute shops and restaurants. William thought that he should learn a some about the Danish culture since Greenland belongs to Denmark. We really had a nice day.

Here is William studying the map. It is really not that great of a picture but I thought it was funny because William loves maps. I would like to say that we were looking for something really educational to go see but it was actually a chocolate shop we were looking for. We did find it and the chocolate was amazing.

Outside of town there was a great little miniature horse farm. They have 70 miniature horses. The kids really enjoyed walking around the farm. Below they are petting Bandit. He is the largest horse that they have on the farm. The kids were thrilled, but Grace really wanted to ride one. I wish we were going to be here in a few months; they are expecting 27 babies in the spring.


Here is Will commanding a viking ship at the playground. This playground was designed to look like the town of Solvang.

I would love to tell you that at the end of the day William and I were able to sit and hold hands and sip coffee and eat danishes, but that was not the case. The kids were breaking down and we had to get our pastries to go and enjoy them in the hotel room. Maybe not too romantic, but the danishes were delicious.

So at this season in our life we can't sit and sip coffee, but I think a picture like this reminds us that it is all worth it. I can definitely say this Valentine's Day was all about love! Even the kids had a little time to show that they really do love each other.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures...I am actually a little jealous that you got to spend a day in Solvang. I love that area, and spent quite a few days on the golf course there in Buelton. We are happy to hear you guys are doing well. You are in our prayers. -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Justin commented so I needed to too!! Hope you guys had a great weekend!! Hope you texting is back up on Monday because I am going through withdrawals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pics. by the way, don't look now, but you're being witty!

    ReplyDelete