I've only gotten to chapel once becasue of my schedule, but it happened to be a Sunday we had communion...I wasn't expecting for the grape juice to burn on the way down...thankfully I was walking home. I hope to be able to get connected through the chapel and create some friendships, but right now that is proving difficult because of my schedule.
In an effort to dispel any of the rumors that I am actually in Hawaii, I thought I would at least post a couple of pictures. Sorry I don't have a picture of an arctic fox, I've seen them, but never when I had my camera.
This is the view out to the bay from close to my dorm. The bay is starting to thaw. They closed it this week to foot traffic...so I guess I'll have to wait till next winter to try and walk on water.So I've been here a little over two weeks and I thought I would pass along some thougts from my time so far:
1. I hate doing laundry, Amanda and Mom thanks for all the loads you've done of my laundry over the years.
2. I still need to learn to convert knots to mph in my head...FYI 65 kts = 75 mph...really, really, really windy.
3. I've learned to "Life Cycle" in Danish and I'm assuming the distance stat at the end is km, or I averaged like 34 mph today and I should think about taking up professional biking...oddly enough they don't ride their exercise bikes in the opposite direction of US exercis bikes.
4. Danes make a mean grilled eggplant and yes the danishes are really that good. Pickles and syrup, not good. I've determined those should be delivered only by storks or in bottles with a squeeze top.
4. Danes make a mean grilled eggplant and yes the danishes are really that good. Pickles and syrup, not good. I've determined those should be delivered only by storks or in bottles with a squeeze top.
5. Melting snow + No pavement = Mud everywhere.
6. AFN has taught me a lot, including:
- JAGs can do pretty much everything I imagined and then some
- Reruns of Kiana's Flex Appeal from 1993 are a great compliment to my workout regimen
- Identity thieves are actually guys in overalls with missing teeth
- Lastly, Don't gamble with your stripes
I'll try and post again soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment