Today was Will's first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe that our little boy is already old enough to be in school. I
definitely don't really remember my life without him, but in so many ways it seems like he was a baby just yesterday. When we found out that William was going to Greenland I think after I got over the initial shock I was most worried about how all of this change was going to affect Will. He is a very shy child and I wasn't sure how moving and a new church and a new school and his Daddy being gone was going to affect this sweet tender hearted little boy. But I have to say that I could not be prouder!! He misses his Daddy like crazy, but he has handled everything that has come his way beautifully. He even had to deal with a broken arm on top of all the other craziness and he took it all in stride.

Today he woke up and got himself dressed in his new school clothes put on his backpack and was ready to go.

I was wanting to look like a put together mother of a
kindergartner, but instead this morning my
blow dryer died so please don't mind the wild hair.

He was happy to show Grace and I where his classroom is today, but told me that on Monday he will walk down to his room all by himself.

Right before Grace and I left I got a picture of him sitting at his spot in his class busy at work.
I have to say the last couple of days have been a little emotional for me and I have spent a lot of time thinking back over the last five years. I feel so thankful that God has blessed William and I with such an amazing son. I continue to learn new things from him and I pray that God continues to show me just how special he is and gives us wisdom into how to raise Will in a way that he becomes who God wants him to be. In closing I wanted to share a poem with you that Will's teacher shared with me.
Kindergarten Wonder
I wonder what you're doing right now
And if everyone is treating you kind
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend you can find.
I wonder if the teacher knows just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart is something she can see.
I wonder if you are thinking about me and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice and how you give my leg a tug.
I wonder if you can possibly understand how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks, for this is the first step in letting my baby go.
Yea Will!! He looks like such a big boy - thanks for the poem it is a tear jerker!!! They grow way to fast!
ReplyDelete