Columbus Day was one of the last opportunities to get outside for anything other than a quick dash between buildings, so I took advantage and headed out to the ice wall. The weather was "great," sunny and 14 (windchill -3). The ice wall was the first place I went when I first arrived and it was interesting to see the difference from spring to fall. You can see the first post
here. The slow internet connection here makes it tough to upload and arrange photos, so unfortunately these are in no particular order.

The view from the top of the small peak I scrambled up. The sun is on it's way down, as are the temperatures.

The small peak. It was the only thing in sight still illuminated by the sun.

The ice wall and river bed that last spring was covered in feet of snow and great for sledding.

The ice wall on the way out.

We explored a small ice cave here and then made our way up this small coulior.

Another view of the coulior.
No comments:
Post a Comment