Friday, April 17, 2009

The Big Good-bye

This past Wednesday we did have to say good-bye and it was one of the toughest things I have ever had to do. I knew when I married someone in the military that this was always a possibility, but never thought it would really ever happen and now we are living it. Even with the current sadness I still feel an amazing peace that this is God's will for our family and I know that he has good things planned for us this year. I do look forward to growing and then in a year looking back and seeing how far the Lord has brought us.

I did want to share a picture that we took on Easter of the four of us together. Thanks to Will breaking his arm we were able to spend Easter together and it was such an amazing day. Uncle David and Aunt Megan came to Grandma and Papa's house and we had a fun day of church, food, candy and egg hunting. The weather was beautiful and we all had a great time.

After we dropped William off at the airport we headed to Montgomery to visit with some dear friends. They have recently completed a year separation and it was so nice to be able to spend some time hanging out with people who truly know what we are going through. We headed to the zoo and it was such a great distraction for both me and the kids.

This picture made me laugh because it just seems to be my world right now. Will is quite cooperative most of the time and Grace thinks we just need pictures of the back of her head.

These are two of Will's best buddies. Zach the one on the far right and Will have been friends since they were babies and it is amazing how even though they don't see each other too often they still remain best friends. They have a lot in common these sweet little air force boys.


I thought I should show a picture of myself. Most of the day I kept my sunglasses on to help hide any tears that might be present, but here I was able to take them off and smile for the camera. We really did have an amazing time at the zoo.
We are a little sad and missing Daddy, but we have such amazing friends and family supporting us and praying for us and we thank you all so much.




2 comments:

  1. We had such a wonderful time with you all and truly feel honored that you would share this time with us! You are a strong family - and we count ourselves blessed to have you as friends! We are glad to be close if even for just a month or so!! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys,
    I know that this is a tough time for you guys but know that God is in control!! I always looked to not just R&R but the welcome home!! No words could express the feelings and emotions of that day!! If you have any questions about any place over there, I might be able to calm some fears. He should be able to call you pretty often as well!! Anita & I are praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete